Wednesday 8 May 2013

Meditation for anxiety

This afternoon and evening I have been feeling more and more anxious.  I think it started with not enough good quality sleep last night, then wondering if I would get all my work done this afternoon and then a cup of coffee when I usually have decaff.  Fast forward to rapid heartbeat, tingling arms and muzzy head. If anyone has any ideas about how to keep myself awake in the afternoon without resorting to coffee, I would be very grateful.
I decided to try a mediation for anxiety from youtube, so completely free.  This is the one I have just tried:

It has actually really helped, and it's less than 10 minutes long.  I would normally think that 10 minutes isn't long enough, but I surprised myself this time.  If you are bothered by anxiety try this and let us all know what you think.

I enjoy meditations to chill me out because I do tend to easily feel anxious.  I have recently been using this meditation, also from youtube:


This is glorious and lasts an hour! It's beautiful music and a flickering candle on a loop, so you don't need to view it for the whole hour.  I have been using it as background to anything else I've been doing on the computer. Very relaxing. Try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment