Monday 6 May 2013

Alternative therapies to treat high blood pressure

I have added a link to a blog that I noticed today - Medical Breakthroughs reported by Ivanhoe. The link is on the right of the posts and also below:

http://ivanhoe.com/channels/p_channelstory.cfm?storyid=31302


 He reports on alternative therapies for high blood pressure.  As my blood pressure has been climbing recently I have been looking into some of these therapies. I have particularly looked at Resperate which is a device-guided slow breathing piece of equipment.  You basically breathe in time to music which gets slower and slower, bringing your blood pressure down.  I have been using this recently and I think that it is working.  I bought a second hand device on eBay.  I'll put a link below so that you can see what it involves:

<iframe src="http://rcm-uk.amazon.co.uk/e/cm?t=analternativelife-21&o=2&p=8&l=as1&asins=B0022NI1NG&ref=tf_til&fc1=000000&IS2=1&lt1=_blank&m=amazon&lc1=0000FF&bc1=000000&bg1=FFFFFF&f=ifr" style="width:120px;height:240px;" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>
            


The top figure in my blood pressure reading has come down by 10 points or so in a month and the same with the lower figure so I am pleased with it.  Plenty of second hand devices about.  I have asked people why they are selling them and the answer always seems to be that they don't have time to use them.  Well, the procedure takes 15 minutes at a time, four times a week.  Who wouldn't make time for that?

Has anyone else used the Resperate system?  What did you think?

I have wondered about the other device mentioned in Ivanhoe's post - isometric hand grip exercises.  This is a device where you grip a handle for a specified amount of time and then release, dilating and relaxing the blood vessels.  I have to be honest and say that I haven't used this device - Zona Plus  - although it has good reports. I may try it but I slightly worry about exerting a lot of pressure if my blood pressure is already high.  Does that make sense?  Anyway, a link below to the device:

http://www.amazon.com/Zona-Plus-Natural-Effective-Cardiovascular/dp/B001GABJTY

The Daily Mail has done a review:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2110806/Zona-Plus-Can-squeezing-ball-help-cut-blood-pressure.html 

Has anyone used this system?   It's fairly new in the UK. 

I'm also using relaxation music mp3s.  That also seems to work. Measuring my blood pressure after listening to a half hour track seems to lower it.

I have heard that beetroot juice will lower blood pressure but so far I find it too revolting to drink!

Has anyone else had any success stories in bringing their blood pressure down with pills?   

No comments:

Post a Comment